While working on the quilt top, I had to come up with a backing fabric. Sometimes finding coordinating backing fabric can be difficult. I searched online and in local stores and even bought some I didn't end up using. But I finally found some that seemed to be a good fit, on line...which meant I had to cross my fingers and pray it would work. Luckily it was a perfect fit!
I used the backing fabric as a binding too, so it shows along the edge of the front and the quilting along those diagonal squares helped outline the blocks even more.
Finally it was time to make the label to include the name and some details.
My mom's friend seemed genuinely pleased with the outcome and I feel blessed to have been part of preserving something so precious and sentimental.